Position: Instructor or Senior Instructor of Organizational Theory and Management
Organization: Dalhousie University
Unit: Rowe School of Business
The Rowe School of Business invites applications for a probationary or permanent, 100% FTE appointment in Organizational Theory and Management at the rank of instructor or senior instructor (dependent upon qualifications and experience) commencing July 1, 2017.
Necessary qualifications, experience and skills:
- PhD in Business, Management, Organizational Theory, or related field
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching effectiveness, including in experiential learning
- Experience teaching in interdisciplinary programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive education levels
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, initiate, and direct new educational programs
- Strong record of engagement with student extracurricular activities
- Record of service positions that contribute to and reinforce a unit
- Ability to teach online and blended learning courses
Preferred qualifications, experience and skills:
The successful applicant will be expected to teach at both the graduate and undergraduate levels and to contribute to the academic life of the school, faculty and university through service that may include, but are not limited to, coaching student teams, supervision of directed readings, and leadership of academic programs. The successful candidate must provide intellectual leadership in the management area group.
- Current, professional experience in relevant areas
- Ability to submit proposals for funding that build upon an established record of attracting research grant support
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the fields of Organizational Theory as well as pedagogical research in Management Education either through publications of applied research or service.
The Rowe School of Business is part of the Faculty of Management, which has a unique commitment to values-based management and interdisciplinary research and learning. Thus, the successful candidate will have opportunities to work with like-minded colleagues in the sister Schools of Public Administration, Information Management, and Resource and Environmental Studies within the Faculty. Information about the Rowe School of Business and its programs may be found at http://www.dal.ca/faculty/management/rsb.html.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Applicants should submit a C.V., copies of their previous teaching evaluations, and a statement of teaching philosophy. Applications must also include a completed Self-Identification Questionnaire, which is available at www.dal.ca/becounted/selfid. Applications should be sent to Ms. Miriam Breslow at email@example.com or Room 3060, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building, Dalhousie University, 6100 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2, no later than March 20, 2017. Electronic applications are preferred.