Position: Instructor or Senior Instructor of Management and Business Communications
Organization: Dalhousie University
Unit: Rowe School of Business
The Rowe School of Business invites applications for a probationary or continuing 100% FTE appointment in Management and Business Communications at the rank of instructor or senior instructor (dependent upon qualifications and experience) commencing July 1, 2017.
Necessary qualifications, experience and skills:
Preferred qualifications, experience and skills:
- PhD in Communications, English, or a closely related discipline.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Experience teaching Business Communications and Organizational Behaviour
- Experience teaching in professionally-focused undergraduate programs
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, initiate, and direct new educational programs
- Strong record of engagement with student activities
- Evidence of engagement and experience with, and enthusiasm for, engaging with international students
- Strong record of holding service positions that contribute to and reinforce a unit
The successful applicant will be expected to teach Business Communications and potentially Organizational Behaviour at the undergraduate level. This position also includes substantial service (such as directing programs, committee work and student coaching) within the school, faculty and university.
- Research experience in pedagogy or scholarship of teaching and learning
- Current, professional experience in relevant areas
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the field through research or service achievements
- Experience in an academic administration role such as leading or directing a program
The Rowe School of Business is part of the Faculty of Management, which has a unique commitment to values-based management and interdisciplinary research and learning. Thus, the successful candidate will have opportunities to work with like-minded colleagues in the sister Schools of Public Administration, Information Management, and Resource and Environmental Studies within the Faculty. Information about the Rowe School of Business and its programs may be found at http://www.dal.ca/faculty/management/rsb.html.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community.
Applicants should submit a C.V., copies of their previous teaching evaluations, and a statement of teaching philosophy. Applications must also include a completed Self-Identification Questionnaire, which is available at www.dal.ca/becounted/selfid. Applications should be sent to Ms. Miriam Breslow at firstname.lastname@example.org or Room 3060, Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building, Dalhousie University, 6100 University Avenue, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2, no later than March 20, 2017. Electronic applications are preferred.